There's no way to change your region on PS5, but the good news is that games are no longer region locked like they were on PS4. Still, there may come a time when you want to change your region for whatever reason. Unfortunately, the only way to do so is to create a new PSN account entirely.
How to create a new PlayStation account
- Turn on your PS5.
- On the Welcome screen, select Add User.
- Select Get Started when prompted to "Add a user to this PS5."
- Agree to PlayStation's licensing agreement and hit Confirm.
- Update the system software if prompted.
- Select Create an Account.
- When setting up a new account, fill out the formation as prompted, which includes date of birth, region, email address, password, chosen PlayStation Network ID, and credit card information.
We have another guide on managing multiple PS5 accounts made easy, so be sure to check that out if there are several members in your household sharing one console.
Get started and get carded
PlayStation Store Gift Card
For when you don't know what to play just yet
A PlayStation gift card is good for anything you can buy on the PlayStation Store on both PS4 and PS5. Try out that game you've been wanting to get or save it for a rainy day. Whatever the case, the gift card will be waiting in your PSN wallet after you redeem it.
Next-gen is finally here
You can buy a PS5 right now, and it's set to be Sony's most powerful console with a super fast SSD, 3.5GHz CPU, and 10.28 TFLOP GPU. No matter what region you're in, the PS5 can play all of your games.
PS5 Digital Edition
Leave physical games behind
The PS5 Digital Edition packs in every bit of greatness the standard PS5 does, and does it for just $399. It might not have a disc drive, but the future is heading towards a more digital age every day. Region locked games on Sony's machine are now a thing of the past.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.