Odds are if you have a family or just live with multiple people, you'll be sharing your PS5 console. Sony makes it easy to add users to your console and share games between accounts, including those redeemed through PlayStation Plus. Whether you're looking to create accounts, switch users, or share games, we'll walk you through how.
Products used in this guide
Creating multiple accounts
- Turn on your PS5.
- On the Welcome screen, either select your account or select Add User.
- If selecting Add User, hit Get Started when prompted to "Add a user to this PS5."
- Agree to PlayStation's licensing agreement and hit Confirm.
- Update the system software if prompted.
- Select Create an Account if you do not already have an account you want to use, otherwise, enter your sign-in information.
- When setting up a new account, fill out the formation as prompted (date of birth, country, email address, password, chosen PlayStation Network ID, and credit card information).
If you want to play under a new profile without setting up a new PlayStation Network account, you can do so by signing in as a Guest. Just add a new user and select Quick Play. Guests do not have the ability to play multiplayer, use PlayStation Plus, or purchase games. This is just a quick option if you have a friend over and don't care about any save game data. Most of the time you'll want to create a new PlayStation Network account if you're sharing your console with multiple people regularly.
On the home screen, press the PS button on your DualSense controller to pull up the Control Center.
Select your profile all the way to the right at the bottom.
- Select Switch User.
Sharing PlayStation Plus
There aren't a lot of great family options for PlayStation Plus, but the PS5 does make it easy for you to share all of your games with whoever uses the console. This is enabled by default, but we'll still walk you through the settings in case you ever want to change it.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Users and Accounts.
Select Console Sharing and Offline Play.
- Select Don't Disable.
PlayStation Plus 12-month
Your ticket to multiplayer, free games, and more
PlayStation Plus offers exclusive discounts on games, two free games every month, access to online multiplayer, more cloud storage, and a whole lot more. It's absolutely something every PS4, and soon PS5, owner should have.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.