Epic Games dropped a new content update earlier this week to Fortnite, adding on to last week's 9.10 patch that introduced a handful of fixes. The 9.10 content update didn't change much in the way of gameplay fixes, but did introduce a brand new weapon to the battle royale in the form of the Burst SMG.
The new weapon is available in common, uncommon, and rare versions and can be found in any way in the game. Much like its name implies, the Burst SMG fires a quick, 4-round burst, and has a 24 round magazine. In order to make room for the new gun, the Supressed Submachine Gun has been vaulted, meaning its now out of rotation in the game for the time being.
You can check out the full list of changes to the Battle Royale portion of Fortnite below, and jump into a game now to check out the changes:
- Available in Common, Uncommon and Rare variants.
- Fires a quick 4 round burst.
- Deals 23, 24, 25 damage.
- 1.75x headshot multiplier.
- 24 round magazine.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
- Uses Light Ammo.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Common, Uncommon, Rare
- Now spawning 4 hot spots each match, to ensure that there is at least one on each side more often. This is a temporary fix until we can set up functionality to force the same number on each side in big team modes.
For a full look at the list of updates that hit Fortnite earlier today, make sure to head over to the Epic Games blog and check them all out, as there are quite a bit across all three game modes.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.