The Verizon Droid got its update this week, and now comes an update for the Droid Eris.
Here's what's coming down the pike, in the form of an over-the-air update, starting now:
- While on a call and the phone's in screensaver mode, pressing the End key takes it out of screensaver mode. A second press ends the call.
- In-call mute and speakerphone icon "enhanced."
- First-call delay after initial activation should be fixed.
- Better switch from 1x to 3G.
- Don't have to select a default e-mail after a soft reset.
- Better SMS and MMS delivery.
- 80-character SMS and MMS subject lines now allowed.
- Better picture messaging from LG phones.
As with the Droid update, this one will be trickled out. So if you don't get in the first batch initially, look for it in a couple of days. (Or, more likely, the manual method will present itself.)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
What is Scoped Storage in Android 11?
A controversial change that originally was slated for Android 10 becomes mandatory for all new apps in August 2020 and every app targeting Android 11: Scoped Storage. Here's what you need to know about it.
The Galaxy S20 Ultra's Space Zoom camera is amazing and a bit creepy
The Galaxy S20 Ultra supports up to 100X zoom, which Samsung calls Space Zoom, but is it any good? Can a phone really product usable photos at 100x zoom? We've got our Galaxy S20 Ultra already so join us to find out!
ASUS and Google are teaming up to pre-load Stadia on the ROG Phone 3
ASUS and Google are teaming up to pre-load the ROG Phone III with Stadia. The next-gen ASUS gaming phone will come with the app preinstalled in all participating territories when it launches later this year.
The Galaxy Note 10+ is Verizon's best phone
There's nothing quite like a new phone on America's top-rated network, and the Galaxy Note 10+ is a smash hit.