CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 is now available for download from the mirror network. The changelog looks pretty impressive, addressing most of the user issues and adding features and options -- which everyone loves (we've got it posted after the break). The highlights are Android 2.3.4, Bluetooth mouse support, and improvements to the notification swipe to clear and Profile application.
It looks like a late night for all of us flash-a-holics. Grab it through ROM Manager, or from the source link below. Don't forget your Gapps!
Source: CyanogenMod. More: Gapps. Thanks everyone who sent this in!
- Common: Android 2.3.4 (Google)
- Common: Bluetooth mouse support - Scott Brady
- Common: Improve notification swipe-to-clear - Evan Charlton
- Common: Improve album-artist support in media scanner - Paul Crovella
- Common: Profile improvements and bugfixes - Martin Long
- Common: RTL text improvements - Eyad Aboulouz, Eran Mizrahi
- Common: Wake on volume key option - Sven Dawitz
- Common: Support for revoking application permissions - Plamen K. Kosseff
- Common: Latest Superuser app - ChainsDD
- Common: Control brightness by sliding on statusbar - Danesh M
- Common: Add "copy all" to context menu - Danesh M
- Common: Lockscreen haptic and statusbar indicators toggle - Danesh M
- Common: Nicer timepicker/datepicker - Jiri Tyr
- Common: Configuration 0/90/180/270 rotation - Jonas Larsson, Scott Brady
- Common: DSP Manager bugfixes and improvements - Antti S Lankila
- Common: Support for launching apps via gestures in the background - Jiri Tyr
- Common: Option to hide hold button during call - Roberto Leinardi
- Common: Allow using wildcards for call blacklisting - Nihanth Subramanya
- Common: Option to allow in-call lockscreen to match main lockscren - Sven Dawitz
- Common: Option to notify about incoming call only in background when screen is on - Pavel Kucera
- Common: ADWLauncher- Transitions, catalog improvements, bugfixes - John Van Etten
- Common: Optional GMT correction for SMS/MMS timestamps - Terry Hau
- Common: Add FM Seek for TI devices - KalimochoAz
- Common: Add FM support for SI4708 devices (Blade, V9, Racer) - Stéphane Konstantaropoulos
- Common: Add FM seek implementation to FM application - Tom Giordano
- Click, Motorola: Speed up photo recording - Emilio López
- Click, Motorola: Add Geolocation to photo app - KalimochoAz
- Vision/Glacier/Ace/Speedy/Vivo: 2.6.35 kernel and updated userspace
- Buzz: 2.6.35 kernel - Arne Coucheron
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Samsung’s Galaxy S20 series starts getting the June 2020 security update
Samsung has started rolling out the latest June 2020 Android security patch to its Galaxy S20, S10, and Note 10 series smartphones. Currently, however, the update is only available for the U.S. unlocked versions.
Samsung’s new ‘Access’ smartphone upgrade program comes with extra benefits
Samsung has introduced a new upgrade program called Access in the U.S. In addition to making it easier for you to upgrade to a new phone, the subscription service also offers Samsung Premium Care and a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Do you have any interest in the Sony Xperia 1 II?
One of the most least-talked-about flagships this year is the Sony Xperia 1 II. Do you have any interest in the device?
Share your love for Android and the Pride community with these shirts
It's that time of the year for the Pride celebrations to commence, including the multitude of parades, parties, and more. These shirts will show off your support of the Pride community, along with your love for Google and Android.