CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 is now available for download from the mirror network. The changelog looks pretty impressive, addressing most of the user issues and adding features and options -- which everyone loves (we've got it posted after the break). The highlights are Android 2.3.4, Bluetooth mouse support, and improvements to the notification swipe to clear and Profile application.
It looks like a late night for all of us flash-a-holics. Grab it through ROM Manager, or from the source link below. Don't forget your Gapps!
Source: CyanogenMod. More: Gapps. Thanks everyone who sent this in!
- Common: Android 2.3.4 (Google)
- Common: Bluetooth mouse support - Scott Brady
- Common: Improve notification swipe-to-clear - Evan Charlton
- Common: Improve album-artist support in media scanner - Paul Crovella
- Common: Profile improvements and bugfixes - Martin Long
- Common: RTL text improvements - Eyad Aboulouz, Eran Mizrahi
- Common: Wake on volume key option - Sven Dawitz
- Common: Support for revoking application permissions - Plamen K. Kosseff
- Common: Latest Superuser app - ChainsDD
- Common: Control brightness by sliding on statusbar - Danesh M
- Common: Add "copy all" to context menu - Danesh M
- Common: Lockscreen haptic and statusbar indicators toggle - Danesh M
- Common: Nicer timepicker/datepicker - Jiri Tyr
- Common: Configuration 0/90/180/270 rotation - Jonas Larsson, Scott Brady
- Common: DSP Manager bugfixes and improvements - Antti S Lankila
- Common: Support for launching apps via gestures in the background - Jiri Tyr
- Common: Option to hide hold button during call - Roberto Leinardi
- Common: Allow using wildcards for call blacklisting - Nihanth Subramanya
- Common: Option to allow in-call lockscreen to match main lockscren - Sven Dawitz
- Common: Option to notify about incoming call only in background when screen is on - Pavel Kucera
- Common: ADWLauncher- Transitions, catalog improvements, bugfixes - John Van Etten
- Common: Optional GMT correction for SMS/MMS timestamps - Terry Hau
- Common: Add FM Seek for TI devices - KalimochoAz
- Common: Add FM support for SI4708 devices (Blade, V9, Racer) - Stéphane Konstantaropoulos
- Common: Add FM seek implementation to FM application - Tom Giordano
- Click, Motorola: Speed up photo recording - Emilio López
- Click, Motorola: Add Geolocation to photo app - KalimochoAz
- Vision/Glacier/Ace/Speedy/Vivo: 2.6.35 kernel and updated userspace
- Buzz: 2.6.35 kernel - Arne Coucheron
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Foldables are finally good enough to actually spend money on
Foldable phones have come a long way in 18 months, and now with the Galaxy Z Fold 2, we have no major flaws, no shortchanged specs and no hurdles still to overcome. Now is the tipping point when foldables start to actually become worthy of your wallet.
Want an Oculus Quest 2? Here's where to buy one!
The Oculus Quest 2 was announced at Facebook Connect 2020. Here's how to preorder the hottest new wireless VR system around!
Fitness apps and wearables are great, as long as you aren't in a wheelchair
Plenty of people with mobility issues want to buy fitness-based wearables, myself included. Right now they shouldn't because it seems like no company wants their money bad enough to work for it.
People into rooting and modding should check out these Android phones
If you're looking ahead and know you'll want to change something on your next phone that requires custom software or root access, these phones are the best options.