Note 7

To add insult to injury, another incident where the Note 7 went up in flames has surfaced this late Saturday evening.

Michael Klering tells WKYT News in Lexington that he awoke early Tuesday morning to a hissing sound, and his bedroom was filled with foul-smelling smoke. He says his replacement Galaxy Note 7 was on fire. The phone, which he had for a week and said he assumed was safe, wasn't plugged in or being used at the time.

Feeling ill later in the day he went to the emergency room. "I was vomiting black so it was very scary. It was a lot of black stuff and it didn't look right," Klering said. The hospital diagnosed him with acute bronchitis and the local fire department was contacted because this was a result of smoke inhalation. Klering produced the hospital records stating as such.

Burned Note 7 Image coutersy WKYT News

Klering says Samsung asked for the phone, but he declined. He did accept the request from Samsung that it be X-rayed. In the oddest twist of any incident yet, Klering then produced a text message he says was from Samsung that stated:

Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it

Klering then decided to seek legal assistance and alert the press that it had happened. We've embedded the video showing the hospital records and text message below. It's also worth noting that this incident happened before an incident on a Southwest plane during boarding and a child in Minnesota having her Note 7 overheat and burst into flames earlier Saturday.