And then there's the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which finally is slated to get its upgrade to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. 'Bout time, too.
You want a changelog? We got a change log, which reads thusly:
- Applied Android Ice Cream (ICS) OS upgrade to 4.0.4.
- Pinch to Zoom functionality has been added in homescreen and main menu screen.
- Google Plus has been integrated.
- Google Text-To-Speech Engine has been integrated in the upgrade.
- In Email search menu, search criteria by date, sender & title.
- In Email Composer, ‘undo’ and ‘redo’ options have been added.
- A quick response message may be quickly inserted into the body while composing a message.
- Initiate a ‘New Meeting Invitation’ for Exchange accounts.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor includes:
- More ways to sort albums by time, location, people and tags.
- Photo studio that allows users to crop and rotate pictures, set levels and remove red eyes.
- Improved Picture Gallery widget lets users look at pictures directly on their home screen.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities including:
- Android 4.0 Zero shutter lag exposure.
- Continuous focus
- Built-in face detection to locate faces in the frame and automatically set focus
- Stabilized image zoom.
- Single-motion panorama.
- Apps can now set custom metering regions in a camera preview.
- Wi-Fi Direct support by Android platform.
- Android 4.0 introduces built-in support for connecting to Bluetooth Health Device Profile (HDP) devices. With support from third-party apps, users can connect to wireless medical devices and sensors in hospitals, fitness centers, homes and elsewhere.
So, there's that. Look for it on a tablet near you.
Source: Verizon (PDF); thanks to everyone who sent this in!
- Related devices:
- Filed under: