Finding the right keyboard for your tablet can be tough. It's like shopping for a smartphone really, different strokes for different folks and not any one app is going to cover everybody. That said; Thumb Keyboard certainly tries to cover all bases and requirements a user may run into and the latest update shows adds some pretty interesting features as you see in the video but here's a run down of them all:
- Coverflow theme browser with 24 themes (more to come)
- Option to adjust the width of the split keyboard to the range of your thumbs!
- Customizable toolbar
- Option to change the secondary symbols on the letter keys
- Resizable font
- Text shortcut buttons (save and re-enter much used phrases)
- New prediction feature: predict next word based on previous one.
- Better prediction by the use of new dictionaries
- 4.3: new theme browser, lots of new themes, customizable sec. symbols
- 4.3.2: new landscape layout with cursor keys, new themes
Having been using Thumb Keyboard on my Motorola Xoom for the past 24 hours now, I can safely say that it is leaps and bounds better then the built-in keyboard. Having customizable options is pretty awesome, especially being able to adjust the height of the keyboard, as standard settings for me seem too large. Add the themes added by WJD Designs and you've got a whole new look to your tablet. If you're shopping around for a new keyboard layout, give Thumb Keyboard a look. Screen shots and download links can be found beyond the break.
- Filed under: