Performance and memory issues also addressed
SwiftKey has pushed a rather large update to their beta track today. Besides the under-the-hood changes that always come with any beta software, the emoji keyboard UI has been completely revamped, with gestures to switch tabs, a backspace bar, and layout changes. The full change log:
- Secondary characters on the top letter row modified when number row is enabled
- Redesigned emoji UI including new space and backspace bar, swipe gestures to switch emoji tab and changes to how the layout works under the hood
- Fixed performance issues when switching between tabs
- Emoji now appear larger
- Fixed issue where emoji still predicted even when disabled
- General memory problems fixed
- Fixed issue where Ice theme used extra RAM
- Fixed keyboard freezes
- Fixed issues when syncing
- Fixed problem with Trending Phrases not updating
- Fixed incorrect vibration feedback when scrolling
You can read what SwiftKey has to say and grab the apk file at the link below.
Source: SwiftKey. Thanks everyone who sent this in!