What's under the hood on Samsung's latest big, curved phone?
The latest boundary-pushing form factor coming out of Samsung is the Galaxy Round, a phone with a display that is notably curved on the vertical axis. With a curve that is much more pronounced and technologically impressive than previous "curved" phones, Samsung is definitely taking things to a new level.
Under the hood the story is much the same as what we've seen on the recently announced Galaxy Note 3, however, and that's not a bad thing. You'll find the same screen resolution and internal specs that are nearly identical, with the tradeoff for that curved display being a lack of S Pen functionality.
Hit the break for a full list of internal specifications — note that some parts may change when the device comes to other markets outside of the initial launch in Korea.
Official Samsung Galaxy Round specs
- Network: LTE 150mbps (Korean market)
- Connectivity: Wifi a/b/g/n/ac, Wifi Direct, BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 3.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC
- Processor: MSM 8974 quad-core Krait at 2.3 GHz
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Super Flexible AMOLED, 386 ppi
- Memory: 32 GB + microSD (up to 64GB)
- RAM: 3GB
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Rear Camera: 13MP AF with flash
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Camera Features: Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Animated Photo, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports, Golf, Surround shot, Live effect
- Additional Features: Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Video, Share Document, Play Games; Story Album, S Translator; Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View; Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON; S Voice™ Hands Free, S Health; Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound; Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly); Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring; Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX
- Dimensions: 151.1 ⅹ 79.6 ⅹ 7.9mm
- Weight: 154g
- Battery: 2800mAh
- Related devices: