Shield is NVIDIA's Android-based portable game console, powered by the company's Tegra 4 processor. The base of the console is a game controller with analog sticks, traditional buttons and trigger buttons, with a fold-out, 5-inch 720p display. Shield runs vanilla-looking Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and supports gameplay through Google Play and TegraZone, as well as streaming from PCs with GeForce GPUs.
NVIDIA Shield's release is set for June 2013, priced at $349.99.
Top NVIDIA Shield Stories
Recent NVIDIA Shield Forum Threads
- [AMA] I have a SHIELD, you have questions! I have answers!
- NVidia Shield as a Controller for other things? Also cross device emulator Syncing
- Nvidia Shield Wifi killing battery life
- NVIDIA Shield - Dead on Arrival 2 on SHIELD - A perfect match
- Water under my screen after installing Skinomi screen protector.
- Maximum capacity for MicroSD cards?
- NVidia Shield - Games that allow local multiplayer(without WiFi)?
- Nvidia Shield Streaming Issues
- What games would you like to come to the shield?
- What ELSE can you do with SHIELD?
- See All Threads