For you night owls with the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX, know this: A decent little update, which we first told you about a few days ago, is now available. No, it's not Ice Cream Sandwich (not yet, anyway). But here's what you can expect in software version 6.12.181:
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6. - As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.
That's quite the changelog, actually. To download the update, you can either wait for it to push, or go to Menu>Settings>About Phone>System updates to get your download on. And if you need a little extra help, hit the forums links below.