Microsoft is planning to officially launch its Skype for Business app for Android devices sometime later in 2015. The app, which replaces the old Lync 2013, has officially launched for the iPhone and iPad.
The Android version is currently available in a preview version for IT administrators to try out. Here are some of its features:
- Initiate a group IM or video conversation and invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
- Simultaneously view shared content and speaker's video during a conference
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants' modalities
- Look at your upcoming meetings and join via one click
- Find your recent conversations and pick them up from where you left off
- Search your contacts by name, email, or phone number
Microsoft did not offer a specific launch date for when the Android version of Skype for Business will come out of its preview mode.