Bethesda Softworks is getting ready to release its huge post-apocalypse RPG Fallout 4 for the PC and consoles on November 10. However, before that happens it has a new update for its free-to-play sim game Fallout Shelter for Android. Among other things, it adds cloud saves to the game, and a new Survival Mode.
Here's the breakdown of what's new in this 1.2 update:
- New Vault-Tec network protocols are finally in place. Now you can save your Vault to the "cloud," (no moisture condenser necessary!) and continue any Vault experiment on all of your devices.
- Some Dwellers are reporting sightings of a mysterious individual in Vaults around the Wasteland. Vault-Tec is offering a bottle cap reward for any positive identification!
- Faced all the challenges the "normal" Vault simulation can provide? Introducing Survival Mode! More danger, More glory. Make Vault-Tec proud!
- New Vault-Tec directive – Dwellers have been given authorization to scavenge equipment from dead Raiders. Gear up!
- Are you an experienced Overseer who has already undergone Vault operational training? Now you can skip the tutorial!
- In an effort to assist Overseers in running their Vaults more efficiently, Vault-Tec has added a statistics page to the Vault Dweller's Survival Guide (VDSG).
- Support added for Russian-speaking Overseers.
- Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because when you speak, Vault-Tec listens!
You can download the new Fallout Shelter update right now from the Google Play Store.