A few things we can promise you in 2012:
- HTC will release Android smartphones.
- They will be on U.S. carriers.
- They will have Beats Audio.
- They will be big, and fast.
- They will have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
And with all of those completely unsurprising realizations out of the day, BGR says it has word of one Android smartphone coming next year, possibly dubbed the AT&T Congressional, and possibly coming in April. ICS and Beats are a given. As are fast processors, good (or at least better) cameras, and so on and so forth. Hardware is hardware.
No, what we're really interested in for 2012 is what HTC does with Ice Cream Sandwich. Will we see the same old Sense (or, more likely, a new version of Sense) laid atop the Android framework? Will they combine UI features? That's the big question for 2012, folks. Hardware comes and goes. Very quickly.
- Filed under: