So you've got the Sprint Nexus S 4G, and you're well aware that the official Ice Cream Sandwich update is coming. But what if you don't want to wait? The crazy cats in our Nexus S 4G forums have the manual download and install method, and it goes a little something like this:
- Download this file from here http://android.clients.google.com/pa...g/TAMkDR3z.zip (Thanks to LateNiteWithJme at Android Central!)
- Rename it to update.zip (Windows users careful not to get a double ".zip" extension) and place it on your sdcard.
- Shut down phone
- Boot into bootloader (Volume Up+Power) then from bootloader screen choose RECOVERY (Navigate Vol Up/Down and select with Power).
- From stock recovery choose to install update.zip
- Sit back and relax for a few and you should boot into official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 !
And that's it. Enjoy, tell your friends, and hit the link below if you need some help.
More: Nexus S 4G forums