Finally, the Incredible OTA is here! And like all Android phones, now that we know the location for the Incredible Froyo OTA, there is an option to go get it versus waiting for it to be pushed to you. This is the same file as you would get if you just waited, and you'll have the exact same Froyo as everyone else, so there's no need to worry. Here's how it's done:
- Grab the OTA file here from the Android Central Forums.
- Make sure it's named update.zip
- Copy it to the root (base directory) of your SD card. Don't put it in any folders, and don't put it on the internal memory.
- Shut your phone off
- While holding the volume down button, turn the phone back on.
- In the white Bootloader screen, select recovery from the list.
- In the recovery screen (the triangle with exclamation mark), press volume up and power. You'll go to the recovery menu.
- In the recovery menu, select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
- The phone will find the file, and when finished prompt you to reboot. Reboot via the menu, then patiently wait for the phone to reboot, and enjoy your Froyo when it's done.