Back in September, the Droid 2 Global was busy getting its Gingerbread on when it was disccovered there was some issues with the actual update where in the Exchange encryption was broken. Now, a new update has been reeased to the masses and will be showing up as build 4.5.608.
The key enhancements as listed by Verizon:
- Download Manager App: New App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details: Under Manage Applications, a new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi-Touch Key-Chording: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality: New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New User Interface and Color Scheme: New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Dock Icons: Static Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within acustomizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- App Groups: New App Menu allows creation of custom app groups, in addition to 3 default groups: All Apps, Recent and Downloaded.
- Security: Added Device and SD Card encryption. VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
Updated Calendar Options:
- Display Calendar and event times in your home time zone when traveling.
- Dismiss individual reminders, such as dismissing one meeting reminder without dismissing other meeting reminders.
- Easy conference dialing – simply dial and automatically enter a conference code directly from your Calendar.
The change log remains pretty much the same as before, just this time around everything will work as noted. Just go to Menu>Settings>About phone>System updates to get it loaded up.