T-Mobile's Motorola Cliq XT is getting an update, but it's not yet the Android 2.1 update we're all waiting for. Instead, it's your basic maintenance update. Here's what's being fixed:
- Overall phone performance: Users will notice a significantly improved overall performance and responsiveness to input requests, including: opening applications, answering calls, opening the Happenings widget, and downloading attachments and pictures within email.
- Additional stability: Improved stability, resulting in fewer occurrences of unresponsiveness and/or programs quitting unexpectedly.
- Bluetooth performance: Improved performance and connectivity with other Bluetooth devices.
- Messaging: Prevents erroneous notifications that a message has not been sent. Also resolves MMS sending / receiving functionality issues in certain scenarios.
- Touchscreen: Improved touch screen sensitivity and touch response.
- Swype: Includes updates to the latest version of the SWYPE software, resulting in improved overall performance of the application.