With the announcement of the Motorola Droid RAZR, Verizon also confirmed some new double data LTE plans to go along with it. More data is always a good thing, so we're gald to see it happening on Verizon. So what are they all about and how can you get into them?
Eligibility – Twice the Data
- All customer types are eligible including consumers, business and Verizon Wireless employees.
- Data is also doubled on packages with business email.
- New 4G LTE Smartphone activations and upgrades are eligible as well as existing customers on 4G LTE Smartphones.
- Customers can switch through My Verizon and My Business.
- Existing 4G LTE Smartphone customers will not be automatically moved to a double data feature code but can change to one.
- To avoid prorating, customers may future date the change to the start of their next bill cycle if the date is within the promotional period.
- Backdating prior to 11/8/11 is not available.
- 4G LTE Smartphone customers who make a price plan change or an ESN change during the promotional period will be asked to select one of the promotional options.
- Customers who order a 4G LTE Smartphone, including a DROID RAZR preorder, with a standard usage based data package prior to 11/8/11 and activate during the promotional period will receive promotional pricing.
One caveat here though is that Mobile Hotspot allowance is not doubled, although that is a separate charge anyway so there isn't much room to complain there. Plus, if you're not really needing all this data there is a $20/300MB data plan that will also be available. You can just past the break for the full details.
- Filed under: