Pingpad is an interesting new app that aims to make it easier to collaborate with anyone, whether it be family, friends, roommates or coworkers. Launching today, the app is a sort of social notes platform that allows you to quickly write up notes and lists in real-time to make working in groups that much easier. The app has been in private beta for a while now, but here's a bit of what you can expect from this initial public release:
- SHARED NOTES: Collaborate on notes and lists in real-time. Keep and build upon things that matter to your group. Make links to notes to organize information in a group wiki. See who wrote what. Add images to illustrate. Message notes into chat.
- PRIVATE NOTES: Take notes quickly and capture ideas in your private notebook. Make lists and stay on task. Your notes are ready to share when you are.
- MESSAGING AND CHAT: Real-time messaging about notes and to-do lists to get things done. Share photos and screenshots with your chat group. Share links to things. Post chat messages as notes.
- TASKS AND ASSIGNMENT: Share work and delegate to-dos. Know what people are working on. Assign notes to members of the group. Set due dates and deadlines to get things done together.
- GROUPS AND PEOPLE: Fast and easy to form groups with your contacts, or texting or emailing people. Create a profile, search and browse your contacts. View the profiles of group members, and message or share a note with them any time. View activity and manage your participation across groups for family, friends and colleagues.
Pingpad is also cross-platform, with an iOS app and web app making it a bit easier to connect with everyone you want to work on a project with. If Pinged sounds like it's up your alley, you can give the app a go by downloading it from Google Play now.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.