If you're interested in knowing the official specs of the Motorola DROID, look no further, we rounded them up in a neat little package for you to easily read. The quick highlights:
- 3.7-inch WVGA (854x480), 16:9 touchscreen
- Arm Cortex A8 550 MHz Processor
- 5-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
- DVD-quality video capture and playback (720x480)
- 16GB microSD (32GB expandable)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- QWERTY keyboard
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS (with Google Maps Navigator)
- 1400 mAh battery
- 6 oz (169g)
- 2.4 x 4.6 x.5 inches (60x115.80x13.70mm)
- Android 2.0
The full spec sheet after the jump!
DROID by Motorola with Google™
Talk and Standby Time4
TT: 385 mins/6.4 hours
SB: 270 hours/11.25 days
Capacitive Touch; Full Qwerty Side Slider
800/1900, CDMA EVDO rev A
169 g / 6 oz
60.00 (x) x 115.80 (y) x 13.70 (z) mm
2.4 (x) x 4.6 (y) x 0.5 (z) inches
Webkit HTML5 based browser; Flash 10 ready
GmailTM, Exchange, IMAP, POP, Macmail, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL®
Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR, 3.5mm Headset jack, USB 2.0 HS
3.7”, 480x854 WVGA
WVGA display houses 400,000 pixels
SMS/MMS, Full HTML5 Browser
AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
Advanced Video record/playback at D1 resolution (720x480) with up to 24fps capture and 30fps playback, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
5.0 megapixel, AutoFocus, dual LED Flash and image stablization
16GB card included in phone, Up to 32GB microSD expandable
802.11b/g, 3-axis accelerometer
Introducing DROID by Motorola, a Smartphone powered by Android 2.0 developed in partnership with Google and Verizon Wireless, the nation’s largest 3G network. DROID delivers high-speed Web, voice-activated search, a super large touch screen and thousands of customizable apps and widgets from Android Market™. With the thinnest full QWERTY slider available on the market, it’s a no-compromise supergenius in your pocket, multitasking at break-neck pace to get things done.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
- See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
- Look up favorite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
- View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
- Work faster on the Web with double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
- Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
- Use voice-activated search to serve up both your contacts and Google search results, based on your location.
- Find your way with free spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM Navigation (Beta), with Street View and LatitudeTM. View geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia entries and transit lines, right on the map.
Customize Your DROID
- Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android MarketTM.
- Customize your home screen with preloads like Facebook™ and Google MapsTM or download1applications for music, news, sports and games.2
- Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time.
- Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (GmailTM) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in GmailTM for fast corrections.
- Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts
- Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1
- Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times
Additional Bells and Whistles
- DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimized YouTubeTMuploading for sharing with friends.2
- 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization
- Features 16GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
- Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilize the 3.5mm headset jack.
- Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
- Use the multimedia station5 to transform DROID into an alarm clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
- Place DROID in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
Nest Secure is discontinued — here's what's going on and why it matters
Nest's home security alarm system is only three years old, and yet its already heading to the Google Graveyard. This announcement is sudden, unexpected, and quite honestly unreasonable on Google's part, as it leaves users and their home safety in limbo.
You probably shouldn't use Apple's MagSafe charger on your Android phone
The science behind wireless charging says not to put anything magnetic close to either side. Apple did the work to make it safe, but chances are other phone makers haven't. Yet.
Samsung delivering an update to the Galaxy S7 isn't a cause for celebration
Samsung just rolled out a security patch to the four-year-old Galaxy S7. While it is good that the phone is getting an update past its guaranteed three-year commitment, the current system of Android updates is broken, and things need to change.
The Xperia 1 II is our favorite phone for shooting video
If video recording is your thing, then look no further than the Sony Xperia 1 II — it offers a large screen, three great cameras, and extremely robust manual video controls.