My BMW Remote app unlocks car doors, starts the A/C, and more
BMW just announced that their remote control application for cars has made the leap from iOS to Android. With it, users can unlock their car, find where it's parked, alter the climate control, and launch into local points of interest search. Here's the full feature list.
- "Remote Door Lock & Unlock" allows the car to be locked and unlocked from a smartphone.
- "Climate Control” makes it possible to control the interior temperature by adjusting the auxiliary ventilation and heating settings, and programming the systems by timer.
- With “Horn Blow” for sounding the horn and “Flash Light” for briefly switching on the exterior lights, users can trigger acoustic and visual signals to help them find their vehicle in crowded car parks, for instance.
- If the car is out of sight and hearing distance but within a radius of up to 1,5 km, the “Vehicle Finder” function is able to display a map on the smartphone screen showing the way to the vehicle’s location. This function is only available when the ignition is switched off, thereby making it impossible to track the vehicle’s movements.
- Finally, using Google Local Search, users are able to import points of interest (POIs) from their smartphone into the vehicle’s navigation system via the message list.
BMW 7 Series 2010, 6 Series 2011, 5 Series 2010, X3 2010, and 1 Series 2011 should all be compatible with the app. Any BMW owners in the house?
Get the Android Central Newsletter
Instant access to breaking news, the hottest reviews, great deals and helpful tips.
Simon has been covering mobile since before the first iPhone came out. After producing news articles, podcasts, review videos, and everything in between, he's now helping industry partners get the word about their latest products. Get in touch with him at email@example.com.
If so, you can use the following services:
> Remote Door Lock & Unlock
> Google Local Search: address destination search on the Android Smartphone and transfer to the vehicle navigation system
The "My BMW Remote" app can be used exclusively by customers with an active BMW Assist contract. Unfortunately I live in the US and it cannot be installed in your devices country.... Hopefully will eventually work in the USA too.
I am from canada too, may I get the apk link or apk file please ?
Thanks a million