Playing games on your smartphone is one of the best ways to entertain yourself. However, with some games it can be really hard to play when you're just tapping on a screen. Fortunately, it's possible to sync up a traditional controller. That's where it's nice to connect your Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and get playing on the best gaming phones. By the way, the Playstation 4 controller as well as the Xbox One controller are also compatible with Android devices, if you'd prefer to use one of those.
Note: You will only be able to use a Pro Controller if your phone is running Android 10 and if the game you're playing supports controllers. Additionally, the process for syncing the controller with your phone will be different from one phone to the next.
Products used in this guide
- A compatible phone: Google Pixel 4a ($350 at Amazon)
- The handhold: Nintendo Switch Pro Controller ($63 at Amazon)
How to use Switch controller on Android Sync Pro Controller to your phone via Bluetooth
- Turn on your phone's Bluetooth.
Hold down the sync button on the top of the Pro Controller until the buttons on the bottom start flashing.
- Next, go into your phone's apps and open the Settings menu.
Select Connected devices.
- Select Pair new device. Make sure you have your Pro Controller and your phone near each other when this happens.
The Pro Controller should show up in the list of Available devices. Select the Pro Controller to begin the pairing process.
- Once the Pro Controller shows up as a connected device you're good to play with it. Enjoy your gaming session! Note that some games will require you to go into the settings and select the Pro Controller as the main way to control the game.
There you have it, now you're able to use a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller with your Android phone. Just remember that in order for this pairing to work, your phone needs to be running Android 10. Now get out there and have some fun with your favorite mobile games.
Additional mobile games
If you're looking for other mobile games that support an external controller, here are a few suggestions.
Oceanhorn ($8 at Google Play Store)
This Zelda-like game has you running through dungeons, destroying pots, and solving puzzles, all so you can defeat a great evil that rose from the deep.
Horizon Chase World Tour ($4 at Google Play Store)
This flashy racing game boasts plenty of awesome-looking cars and fun courses. If you want to play the full game you'll need to pay $3.99.
Sonic the Hedgehog Classic (Free w/ ads at Google Play Store)
Relive your childhood by playing the familiar levels of this classic Sega game. It's free to download, but just be aware that there are ads.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.