So, you just got a new Pixel phone. Awesome! Google's Pixel devices are among the best money can buy, and now that you own one, you're probably eager to get it set up so you can start using it. Here's a step-by-step guide of what to expect during that initial set up process.
Products used in this guide
- Latest and greatest: Google Pixel 4 (From $675 at Amazon)
How to set up your new Pixel phone
- Tap the blue Start button near the bottom right.
- Tap the Wi-Fi network you want to use (or use your mobile network instead).
Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Your Pixel will check for any available updates.
- If you want to copy apps & data, tap Next at the bottom right.
For this guide, we're tapping the Don't copy option.
- Type in your Google account email and password.
Tap the I agree button.
- Have Google Fi? you'll see a welcome screen for the service.
- Tap the Accept button to agree to the available Google services.
Tap I accept to agree to Google's "additional legal terms."
- Tap Next to set up the fingerprint sensor with Pixel Imprint (If you have a Pixel 4, you'll be walked through the setup
- Enter a security PIN and tap Next.
Re-enter your PIN to confirm it.
- Follow the prompts to register your fingerprint.
Tap Next after your fingerprint is added.
If you have a Pixel 4
You'll see the fingerprint sensor set up process if you're using a Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, or Pixel 3a. If you're setting up a Pixel 4, however, this is replaced with a face unlock system. Getting it ready to go looks like the following:
- Tap Agree on the face unlock page.
- Move your face around the circle until all of the blue tiles are gone.
The rest of the steps for setting up your phone remain the same, so let's continue!
- Tap Continue on the next page.
- Tap I Agree for the Assistant Voice Match feature.
Follow the prompts to set it up.
- Tap Finish.
Tap Next to set up the squeeze feature for Google Assistant.
- Adjust the squeeze level to your liking and then tap Next.
- Tap Turn on to enable the always-on display.
Tap any of the options you want on the "Anything else?" page. Otherwise, tap No thanks at the bottom left.
Tap All set on the next page.
That's it! You've now successfully set up your new Pixel phone. Congrats!
Our top equipment picks
Latest and greatest
90Hz display, face unlock, and more
The Pixel 4 is Google's latest flagship, and it's chock-full of features. The two rear cameras capture gorgeous photos, the 90Hz display allows for buttery smooth performance, and Google's new face unlock feature is one of the fastest we've ever seen. It also has a clean design and will be updated through October 2022.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Keep your Pixel 3's screen nice and new with a screen protector
Don't spend a bunch of money on a phone only to have the front glass break. Get some protection! Even though the Google Pixel 3 is older at this point, it still deserves a case.
Show your Pride with some of the best cases for the Pixel 3
June is Pride Month and the time to show off your personal Pride, or your support for the LGBTQ+ community. While your apparel can ably demonstrate your Pride, your phone case can too. You can celebrate all things Pride with these awesome cases for the Pixel 3.
With a phone as beautiful as the LG Velvet, you'll want to get a great case
It can be tough to find a great case for a new phone, especially for a phone with a unique and wonderful design like the LG Velvet. But thankfully, there are a lot of solid case choices out there and these are our favorites to keep your LG Velvet safe from when "life happens".