So you've got the Sprint Nexus S 4G, and you're well aware that the official Ice Cream Sandwich update is coming. But what if you don't want to wait? The crazy cats in our Nexus S 4G forums have the manual download and install method, and it goes a little something like this:
- Download this file from here http://android.clients.google.com/pa...g/TAMkDR3z.zip (Thanks to LateNiteWithJme at Android Central!)
- Rename it to update.zip (Windows users careful not to get a double ".zip" extension) and place it on your sdcard.
- Shut down phone
- Boot into bootloader (Volume Up+Power) then from bootloader screen choose RECOVERY (Navigate Vol Up/Down and select with Power).
- From stock recovery choose to install update.zip
- Sit back and relax for a few and you should boot into official Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 !
And that's it. Enjoy, tell your friends, and hit the link below if you need some help.
More: Nexus S 4G forums
Here are 5 features Google is working on for Android 12 and beyond
The Android development team recently held an AMA on Reddit answering technical questions about the upcoming software. While we didn't learn anything about the upcoming software, we do have an idea of some things heading to Android 12 (and beyond).
Android updates are coming faster than ever, but still not fast enough
You'll never see the day where all Android phones get updated to new operating systems on the day they're announced. But we are seeing remarkable improvements.
AT&T zooms past Verizon's 4G network while T-Mobile takes 5G crown
A Market Analysis from Ookla puts AT&T in the top spot for speed in the U.S. beating Verizon and T-Mobile.
With a phone as beautiful as the LG Velvet, you'll want to get a great case
It can be tough to find a great case for a new phone, especially for a phone with a unique and wonderful design like the LG Velvet. But thankfully, there are a lot of solid case choices out there and these are our favorites to keep your LG Velvet safe from when "life happens".