Starting your fuboTV subscription may have only taken seconds, but canceling your fuboTV account can be a bit more perplexing. That's because where you signed up for fuboTV has an impact on how you have to cancel your account. There are different steps to take if you're canceling an account that you started on a Roku device as opposed to one that was started on an Apple device or at fuboTV's own website.
If it's time to get rid of your fuboTV membership, you've come to the right place. We even have a few excellent suggestions below on the next streaming services you should consider trying out. The following sections will guide you through canceling your fuboTV account based on where you signed up. Of course, you'll want to remember that if you're currently on a fuboTV free trial, canceling your trial will end your ability to access fuboTV immediately.
Best VPN for fuboTV
Before you cancel your subscription, have you considered trying out a VPN with fuboTV? Whenever you have trouble accessing fuboTV due to where you're located, a VPN like ExpressVPN can help you watch fuboTV anywhere you go.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) works by obscuring your IP address and routing your online activity through servers in other countries or locations. This makes it so that your internet traffic appears as if it's coming from an alternate location rather than your home or wherever you're watching fuboTV. A VPN can be especially helpful when you're traveling or vacationing overseas and still want to stream content that's only intended for audiences in your home country.
ExpressVPN is our favorite VPN at Android Central thanks to its fast connections, tons of international servers, and excellent 24/7 live chat customer service. Right now, ExpressVPN is offering 49% off when you sign up for an annual plan, plus you'll score three additional months of service for free! That brings its monthly cost down to just $6.67.
On the fuboTV website
Anyone who signed up for fuboTV directly on the fuboTV website can follow these steps to cancel their account:
1. Sign into your account at fuboTV and select a profile
2. Click the Profile dropdown button on the top right corner of fuboTV and select 'My Account'
3. On the 'My Account' screen, click 'Subscription and Billing'
4. Select 'Cancel Subscription' at the bottom of the page
5. Click 'Complete cancellation' or 'Pause subscription'
FuboTV allows you to put your subscription on hold for up to three months if you don't want to fully cancel!
6. Turn down the deal and select 'Cancel subscription'
You may see a special offer appear which asks you to stay subscribed at a discounted rate. Click 'Cancel subscription' to continue through to the final confirmation page.
You should see a confirmation indicating that your fuboTV subscription has been successfully canceled. After this step, you can participate in a small survey to let fuboTV know why you canceled and potentially help improve the service for future subscribers.
On your Roku
If you started your fuboTV account using a Roku streaming device or Roku smart TV, you'll need to unsubscribe through Roku instead of through fuboTV. You can do this in two different ways: on your Roku device or at Roku's website.
Online at my.roku.com
1. Visit the Subscriptions page on Roku's website and sign in when prompted
2. Click 'Unsubscribe' beside your FuboTV plan to cancel your subscription.
3. Select 'Yes, Unsubscribe' to confirm your cancellation
Until your current service period expires, Roku also gives you the option to Renew your subscription directly on the Subscriptions page.
On your Roku device
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button
- Use the arrow keys and hover over the fuboTV app
- Press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu
- Click 'Manage subscription' to view your renewal date and additional options
- Select 'Cancel subscription' to unsubscribe
- Confirm your decision by clicking 'Cancel subscription' on the resulting popup
- Click 'Done' to dismiss the confirmation message
How to cancel your fuboTV subscription on an iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Visit the Settings app on your device
- Click on your Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Click 'Subscriptions'
- Locate fuboTV in your list of subscriptions and select it
- Click 'Cancel Trial' or 'Cancel Subscription'
- Select 'Confirm'
How to cancel your fuboTV subscription on Apple TV
- Visit the Settings section on your Apple TV
- Click 'Accounts' and then select 'Manage Subscriptions'
- Select 'fuboTV'
- Click 'Cancel Subscription' to end your membership
While fuboTV is a great live TV streaming service, there are several other excellent options to consider as well. If the cost of fuboTV was an issue, why not give Sling TV or Philo a shot instead? Sling TV starts at just $35 per month and lets you add on additional channels for a small fee each month. Meanwhile, Philo is only $20 per month and includes over 60 live TV channels with your subscription!
Less is more
Start streaming your favorite TV channels live with Sling TV! Plans start at just $35 per month, and you can easily add on additional channels for more to watch whenever you'd like. Sling even offers some enticing deals for new members that could save you on your first month of service or on a streaming device!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.