What you need to know
- The winners of Google's Best of 2021 awards have been revealed.
- Paramount+ has been voted the app, while Garena Free Fire Max is the Users' Choice game of the year.
- The Google Play editorial team picked Balance as its Best App of 2021.
Just as promised, Google Play has finally announced the winners of its Best of 2021 awards. This year, the awards were expanded to apps and games on tablets, along with apps for Wear OS and Google TV platforms.
Paramount+, which launched earlier this year, offers users access to a vast library of content — including new and classic movies, reality shows, complete series, and kids shows. Garena Free Fire Max is an updated version of Free Fire, which came out in 2017. Along with an improved gameplay experience, it also offers more impressive graphics and a few new features.
Google Play Editors' Choice 2021 (US):
Best Apps for Good
Best Everyday Essentials
- Blossom - Plant Identification app
- PhotoRoom - Background Remover & Photo Editor
- Rabit - Habit Tracker & Goals Planner
Best for Fun
Best Hidden Gem
Best for Personal Growth
Best Tablet App
Popular on Google TV
Best Wear Apps of 2021
Best Competitive Games
- League of Legends: Wild Rift
- Marvel Future Revolution
- Pokémon UNITE
- Rogue Land
- Suspects: Mystery Mansion
Best Game Changers
Best Pick Up & Play
Best for Tablets
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.