One of the very cool things about Android is the ability to use alternative Homescreens and launchers. The popularity of Launcher Pro and ADW.launcher -- among other great ones -- are a testament to this. Setting them up is easy enough, once installed you make the choice the first time you hit the home button on your Android phone. But what if we need or want to switch back, and don't want to uninstall the app? That's easy, too, and built right into the Android system.
- What you'll need to do is clear the app defaults for your Launcher app:
- From the homescreen, tap the menu button
- Choose settings, then Applications, then Manage applications
- Scroll through the list until you find the entry for your launcher, then tap to open it
- Simply hit the "Clear defaults" button, and the next time you tap the home button on your phone, the choice of which launcher to use has returned!
To rid yourself of the annoying confirmation popup, you can choose to use any of the installed home apps as your default, and next time you change your mind, just repeat the process.
The excellent Nest Audio is down to its lowest price yet for Black Friday
Ready to upgrade your smart home? The Nest Audio is getting its first price cut thanks to Black Friday, bringing it down to the lowest price we've ever seen.
What advice do you have for a first-time Galaxy Note buyer?
Buying a Galaxy Note is a big deal. If you knew someone getting their first-ever Note, what advice would you give to them?
Samsung just gave a huge hint that it's ending the Galaxy Note line
According to a report out of South Korea, Samsung has confirmed plans of discontinuing the Galaxy Note series. It has also confirmed S Pen support for the Galaxy S21 Ultra and Galaxy Z Fold 3.
These are the best unlocked phones on Amazon for every budget
Amazon is one of the easiest places to go buy an unlocked phone and have it delivered in a flash. Here are the best unlocked Android phones it's selling at a variety of price levels.