One of the very cool things about Android is the ability to use alternative Homescreens and launchers. The popularity of Launcher Pro and ADW.launcher -- among other great ones -- are a testament to this. Setting them up is easy enough, once installed you make the choice the first time you hit the home button on your Android phone. But what if we need or want to switch back, and don't want to uninstall the app? That's easy, too, and built right into the Android system.
- What you'll need to do is clear the app defaults for your Launcher app:
- From the homescreen, tap the menu button
- Choose settings, then Applications, then Manage applications
- Scroll through the list until you find the entry for your launcher, then tap to open it
- Simply hit the "Clear defaults" button, and the next time you tap the home button on your phone, the choice of which launcher to use has returned!
To rid yourself of the annoying confirmation popup, you can choose to use any of the installed home apps as your default, and next time you change your mind, just repeat the process.
Stay safe out there
Nothing is more American than protesting. But there is a right way and a wrong way.
Here's every U.S. city with 5G coverage right now
5G deployment is moving fast and the list of cities with coverage is growing all the time. See if your U.S. city has coverage yet by Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, or AT&T.
These are the best games for your Android phone
We're rounding up the best games, free and premium, you should be playing today.
Share your love for Android and the Pride community with these shirts
It's that time of the year for the Pride celebrations to commence, including the multitude of parades, parties, and more. These shirts will show off your support of the Pride community, along with your love for Google and Android.