What you need to know
- The OnePlus 10 Pro gains the latest Android 14-based OxygenOS 14.
- The newest release includes the Fluid Cloud feature first introduced in OnePlus 11.
- The two-year-old phone gets all the cool features like the flagship phone.
OnePlus 10 Pro users are in for a treat as they are about to receive the much-awaited stable OxygenOS 14 update, which is based on Android 14.
Some OnePlus 10 Pro users in India started receiving the Android 14 stable this week, and the company later announced the rollout for Indian users. In the community post, OnePlus announced that the stable OxygenOS 14 build is currently being rolled out to OnePlus 10 Pro users in the Indian region.
The firmware bearing NE2211_184.108.40.206(EX01) version will be first available for OnePlus 10 Pro users who have participated in the closed and open betas of OxygenOS 14.
OnePlus OxygenOS 14 iOS style Dynamic Island in action 👀Do you like it? pic.twitter.com/qVNh5QiK0gSeptember 25, 2023
OnePlus shared the changelog, including the famous Fluid Cloud feature, first seen on the OnePlus 11 in its stable OxygenOS 14 build released recently. It is a new way to interact with notifications, basically mimicking Apple's Dynamic Island functionality found on recent iPhones, like the iPhone 15 Pro.
Here's the full changelog, per the community post:
- Adds Fluid Cloud, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap.
- Adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
Security and privacy
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
The intriguing aspect of the most recent OnePlus 10 Pro update is how much it resembles the firmware of the company's flagship model, which was released earlier this month. As you can see, the changelog is largely consistent with what we have seen from the OxygenOS 14 stable build on the OnePlus 11 released two weeks ago. To put it mildly, it is impressive that OnePlus hasn't abandoned any cool features on a phone that is about to be two generations old.
Be an expert in 5 minutes
Get the latest news from Android Central, your trusted companion in the world of Android
Vishnu works as a freelance News Writer for Android Central. For the past four years, he's been writing about consumer technology, primarily involving smartphones, laptops, and every other gizmo connected to the Internet. When he is away from keyboard, you can see him going on a long drive or chilling on a couch binge-watching some crime series.