Verizon has announced that the Gingerbread update is coming soon for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The original Tab is often forgotten with the onslaught of tablets that have been released afterwards, but it remains a favorite among many Android fans. This news is great for Tab owners on Verizon who have been wondering if they would ever see another software update for the device.
The update is to Android 2.3.5 and will bring:
- Improved security for the PIN method. When using the PIN, the device will no longer request a symbol as a numeric entry
- Improved word selection and copy functionality
- A 'View Data Plan' icon so that users can adjust their plans accordingly
- Verizon Data Service feature will allow users to see how much data they have used so that they won't go over
- A new download manager app
- The ability to use the front-facing camera as a camcorder
- Widgets will resize to reflect landscape and portrait mode more accurately
- Support for Verizon Pay As You Go prepaid plans
- Google security patches
The update is currently listed as 'Coming Soon' on Verizon's website, so as soon as we hear it go live you'll know too. For more, check out our Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum.
- Related devices: