The official Twitter app for Android has today received another update, bringing it up to version 3.1.1. The latest iteration includes the usual security enhancements, bug fixes and performance improvements, particularly for Android 4.0 users. One particularly welcome change will be the increase in scrolling performance, an area in which the official app has traditionally lagged behind other Twitter clients.
Also new in version 3.1.1 are swipe shortcuts for individual tweets -- swipe left or right to show a menu for retweets or replies -- as well as support for Filipino and Simplified Chinese languages. We've got the full changelog after the break, along with the QR code and Android Market linkage.
- Swipe shortcut
- Improved scrolling and network performance
- Improved support for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich
- Confirmation dialog for Find Friends
- Security improvements
- New languages: Filipino, Simplified Chinese
- Many other bug fixes, improvements, and polish
- Filed under: