Adult Swim has kicked off a new run-and-gun game for Android that's ripe with action. Major Mayhem puts you into the weathered boots of a military superman, who's on a mission to save the world and his girlfriend. The only sensible solution to this problem is guns, and boy-howdy does Major Mayhem have a few of those. Here's a quick run-down of the features.
- 45 levels of non-stop action
- 4 game modes
- 100 achievements
- 150 mini mission objectives
- 5 power ups
- Battle your way past hordes of enemies in three picturesque environments: Tropics, Metropolis and Desert
20 unique weapons in your arsenal to deal out MAJOR MAYHEM, like:
- Automatic Shotgun
- Quadzooka (like a Bazooka only more massive-er!)
- And more!
- 42 costumes and hats to make your Major's fashion conscience which dealing massive devastation!
- Save the world, and your girlfriend
Adult Swim has been focusing more and more on mobile games, though their focus tends to be on iOS first (Major Mayhem has been available for iPhone and iPad for awhile now). It would be great to see a lot of other iOS titles make the leap to Android, like Velocirapture, Extinction Squad, and Amateur Surgeon, but I'm sure they're all coming in good time. So far, Google Play hosts the classic Robot Unicorn Attack, Monsters Ate My Condo, and their video app.
Major Mayhem is totally free, though the wealth of unlockables can be acquired through in-app purchases. I've only played a little bit, but so far the graphics are great, and the action is a ton of fun. Get shootin' at the download link below.
Download: Major Mayhem
- Filed under: