Being a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR MAXX owner has certainly had its ups and downs for the past little while. A bunch of false starts for software updates have occurred, but now it looks like Motorola and Verizon have managed to get things squared away for the better.
If you check out the Verizon support pages you'll find information for the 6.12.181 software update readily available for viewing, which means the actual updates could roll out pretty much anytime now.
No, it's not Ice Cream Sandwich, but we're sure you'll agree some updates are better than no updates at all. The change log is the same for both devices, so jump on past the break to get a detailed list
Verizon Wireless and Motorola encourage you to download this update.
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6. - As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.