If you're moving to an Android device from an iPhone or iPad, there's a possibility you're already set up and using an iCloud email address. Android devices require you to have a Google account (Gmail), but you might want to keep using your iCloud account for email, and that's just fine. Here's how to add your iCloud email address to your Android device.
How to add an iCloud email address to Android
Since Apple enables two-factor authentication (2FA) by default on your iCloud account, the easiest way to set up your iCloud email on your Android device is to first create an app-specific password for your iCloud email address.
How to create an app-specific password for your iCloud account
- Launch your web browser on your computer.
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click Generate Password... under the Security section.
- Type a name for the password. I used "Android Email."
- Click Create.
Take note of the password that has been generated. You'll need it to set up your iCloud email on your Android phone.
How to add your iCloud email address to your Android phone
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification shade.
- Tap the settings button. It's the gear icon on the upper right.
- Tap Accounts (or a variation of that, depending on who made your phone).
Tap Add account at the bottom.
- Tap Personal (IMAP). It should have the Gmail logo beside it.
- Enter your iCloud email address.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the app-specific password that you generated in your web browser.
Your iCloud email account will now appear in your list of accounts, and you'll be able to access your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.
Our top equipment picks
One of the best Android smartphone deals.
If you like getting good bang-for-your-buck, you'll love the OnePlus 7T. It has a fantastic AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate, three rear cameras, clean software, and comes in at a fraction of what other, similarly-spec'd phones cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Create the best photo ever with these photo editing apps
What do you do before sharing a photo? You edit it! These are the best photo editing apps that you can get on your Android device today!
Get the most out of your favorite Android tablet with these apps
There are many different Android tablets to choose from on the market, but what are you supposed to do after you have set it up? Well, we have found the best apps that make it easy to get the best experience possible with the big screen.
Improve and enhance your text messaging threads with these apps
Text messaging is a core component of a mobile phone's functionality. Android is blessed with many, many, many different apps to handle text messages for you, but as with any category of app. These are the best of the best to text your bestie with.