If you're moving to an Android device from an iPhone or iPad, there's a possibility you're already set up and using an iCloud email address. Android devices require you to have a Google account (Gmail), but you might want to keep using your iCloud account for email, and that's just fine. Here's how to add your iCloud email address to your Android device.
How to add an iCloud email address to Android
Since Apple enables two-factor authentication (2FA) by default on your iCloud account, the easiest way to set up your iCloud email on your Android device is to first create an app-specific password for your iCloud email address.
How to create an app-specific password for your iCloud account
- Launch your web browser on your computer.
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click Generate Password... under the Security section.
- Type a name for the password. I used "Android Email."
- Click Create.
Take note of the password that has been generated. You'll need it to set up your iCloud email on your Android phone.
How to add your iCloud email address to your Android phone
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification shade.
- Tap the settings button. It's the gear icon on the upper right.
- Tap Accounts (or a variation of that, depending on who made your phone).
Tap Add account at the bottom.
- Tap Personal (IMAP). It should have the Gmail logo beside it.
- Enter your iCloud email address.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the app-specific password that you generated in your web browser.
Your iCloud email account will now appear in your list of accounts, and you'll be able to access your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.
Our top equipment picks
One of the best Android smartphone deals
If you like getting good bang-for-your-buck, you'll love the Moto G Power. It has reliable performance, a large Full HD+ display with minimal bezels, and clean Android 10 software. The icing on the cake is the 5,000 mAh battery, allowing for up to three days of use on a single charge.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Get the most out of these smart devices and services with Google Assistant
The Google Assistant is the most useful smart voice assistant for getting your questions answered and keeping track of your digital life, but it's also great at helping you control your smart home devices and services.
Spice up your smartphone or tablet with the best icon packs for Android
Being able to customize your device is fantastic as it helps to make your device even more of "your own". With the power of Android, you can use third-party launchers to add custom icon themes and these are just some of our favorites.
These great cases will keep your Galaxy S8 chugging along for years
The Galaxy S8 is getting up in years, but it's still a great phone. It's also really slippery, so if you want to keep it pristine, grab a case!