If you're moving to an Android device from an iPhone or iPad, there's a possibility you're already set up and using an iCloud email address. Android devices require you to have a Google account (Gmail), but you might want to keep using your iCloud account for email, and that's just fine. Here's how to add your iCloud email address to your Android device.
How to add an iCloud email address to Android
Since Apple enables two-factor authentication (2FA) by default on your iCloud account, the easiest way to set up your iCloud email on your Android device is to first create an app-specific password for your iCloud email address.
How to create an app-specific password for your iCloud account
- Launch your web browser on your computer.
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click Generate Password... under the Security section.
- Type a name for the password. I used "Android Email."
- Click Create.
Take note of the password that has been generated. You'll need it to set up your iCloud email on your Android phone.
How to add your iCloud email address to your Android phone
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the notification shade.
- Tap the settings button. It's the gear icon on the upper right.
- Tap Accounts (or a variation of that, depending on who made your phone).
Tap Add account at the bottom.
- Tap Personal (IMAP). It should have the Gmail logo beside it.
- Enter your iCloud email address.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the app-specific password that you generated in your web browser.
Your iCloud email account will now appear in your list of accounts, and you'll be able to access your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.
Our top equipment picks
One of the best Android smartphone deals
If you like getting good bang-for-your-buck, you'll love the Moto G Power. It has reliable performance, a large Full HD+ display with minimal bezels, and clean Android 10 software. The icing on the cake is the 5,000 mAh battery, allowing for up to three days of use on a single charge.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Bring home the title with the best Fantasy Football apps for this season
Are you ready for the NFL season? Better question. Are you ready for the Fantasy Football season? These apps make sure you can dominate not only the draft, but the rest of the season on your way to bringing home the belt.
Keep your wallet put away and pay with your Wear OS watch
Ready to start paying for your coffee with just your watch? Here are all the Wear OS devices that support Google Pay!
Get the most out of these smart devices and services with Google Assistant
The Google Assistant is the most useful smart voice assistant for getting your questions answered and keeping track of your digital life, but it's also great at helping you control your smart home devices and services.