Sometimes you're faced with problems in your device that only a reset will fix. That, or you want to sell your headset and want to make sure all of your personal information is wiped off of it before you give it to some stranger for money. Regardless, we're here to show you how to reset your Oculus Go so that you can start back from square one.
Performing a factory reset on the Oculus Go is an irreversible action that will permanently remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the device. However, this will not remove your purchased items from the library. This means you will be able to re-install them again should you choose to!
How to factory reset with your phone
If you have lost your headset Oculus has made it easy to reset your device without actually having your device on hand. The moment you realize it's missing you can protect your personal information by wiping the device right from your phone.
- Open the Oculus app on the phone connected to your Oculus Go headset.
- Tap Settings in the bottom menu.
- Tap the headset connected to your phone.
- Tap More Settings.
- Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.
How to factory reset from the device
Outside of resetting the device from your phone, you can also reset it with the headset it itself. This will make it quick and easy for you to do what you need to.
- Turn off your Oculus Go.
- Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
- Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
- Login to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Go headset and set your device up from scratch.
Microsoft has announced Surface Duo price, specs, and release date
It's finally happening! Microsoft's dual-screen Android smartphone that was first announced back in October 2019 is now available for preorder for an eye-watering $1399, and will begin shipping to customers starting September 10. Microsoft has also revealed all the specs you need to know, including what powers things under the hood, network compatibility, and storage options.
Not happy with your headphones? Start messing with your EQ settings!
You don't need the best audio equipment to make your music sound good, you just need to use the equalizer!
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title is Resident Evil Village. This eerie game takes players to a snowy European village where Ethan must deal with witches, werewolves and more. Here's everything we know.
No need for controllers with these awesome Oculus Quest games
The Oculus Quest can now track your hands as well as controllers, but what are you supposed to do with that? We've got the answers you're looking for.