There are plenty of HDMI adapters out there to use with DeX, but these are the best for your Note 9!
Products Used In This Guide
- Amazon: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Unlocked (opens in new tab) ($1,000)
- Amazon: ARKTEK USB-C Hub (opens in new tab) ($26)
- Amazon: Uni USB-C to HDMI cable (opens in new tab) ($20)
- Amazon: MOKIN USB-C to HDMI adapter (opens in new tab) ($14)
Any of those hubs will work with your Note 9, the only difference is what other equipment you already have. The ARKTEK hub is great if you plan to use a wired keyboard and mouse, the Uni cable should be used if you don't have a spare HDMI cable laying around, and the adapter from MOKIN is great if you do have an HDMI cable to spare.
How to use DeX with an HDMI adapter
- Plug your HDMI cable into your monitor or TV.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the hub or adapter, if necessary.
- Plug the USB-C side of the cable, hub or adapter into your Galaxy Note 9.
That's it! The DeX interface will show up on your monitor or TV. If you are using a dedicated keyboard and mouse you can use those to navigate the interface. If not, you can use the Note 9 as a trackpad and use its software keyboard for input.
Our top USB-C hub
You can get cheaper HDMI adapters if you just want to use DeX to stream videos on a big screen. But if you're serious about getting work done in DeX mode, a physical keyboard and mouse are essential. This hub will let you connect any wired keyboard and mouse, and it'll keep your phone powered up so you don't need to stop working.
The best USB-C hub
For when you're serious about using DeX.
This hub works perfectly with DeX, and it'll let you use your favorite USB keyboard and mouse. It'll also passthrough power, so you won't need to worry about your phone dying while you work.
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.