By now, you've probably heard that Instagram has some new logo options for you, so we've put together a quick and easy guide on how to change the Instagram icon on your Android phone. Instagram rolled out this somewhat hidden feature as part of its 10-year birthday, and it is now allowing users to choose from several different retro and new icons to set for the app.
Products used in this guide
- Social photos: Instagram (opens in new tab) (Free at Google Play)
How to change the Instagram icon on your Android phone
- First, open the Google Play Store app and ensure that you don't have any pending updates.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner.
- Tap on My apps & games.
- Tap on the green circular arrow to see if any updates are available. If so, update Instagram as necessary.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on your avatar at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top right corner.
- Tap on Settings in the bottom right corner.
- Swipe down from the top until you start to see some emoticons, and then release.
- You should see a cupcake icon that says Celebrate with Us beneath it, along with a dozen or so custom icons to choose from. Tap your favorite.
- A pop-up window will ask if you want to add the icon shortcut to your home screen. Tap Add automatically.
If you want to go back to the original icon or change to another version, just repeat the steps above. This feature is available for the next month, and there is no word on whether or not Instagram will make it a more permanent option.
Our top equipment picks
Instagram has all kinds of tools to make your photos look great, but starting with a great camera makes them look all the better!
Pixel for the masses
Google Pixel 4a
The Pixel 4a is one of those phones that easy to recommend to anyone. Excellent camera? Check. Fast performance? Yep. Sharp and colorful display? Of course. Easy-to-use software that'll get updates for years to come? You betcha.
If you're one of the ten people on the planet who've never used Instagram, what are you waiting for? It's a free download on Google Play, and with features like Stories and Reels, it's so much fun!
Instagram (opens in new tab) (Free at Google Play)
Now in its 10th year, everyone's favorite photo-sharing app has more features than ever. For a limited time, you can even change the way the logo looks on your Android home screen.
Jeramy is proud to help *Keep Austin Weird* and loves hiking in the hill country of central Texas with a breakfast taco in each hand. When he's not writing about smart home gadgets and wearables, he's defending his relationship with his smart voice assistants to his family. You can follow him on Twitter at @jeramyutgw.
Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Android Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.