Did you know the PlayStation 4 has a quick menu? Because it does. It's not something Sony advertises a lot, so it's easy for most people to be completely unaware of it. If you're familiar with the Xbox One's quick menu when you press the Xbox home button on your controller, then you'll get an idea of how Sony's works. With the press of a button you can access some of the most important and most used features like the power options, your friends list, party options, and much more.
How to access and customize the PS4 quick menu
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller.
- After the quick menu opens up, scroll down and select Customize.
- To select which items you want displayed on your quick menu, toggle to the right of Menu Items.
- Uncheck or check which items you want displayed.
- To move the positions of menu items, select Sort.
- Toggle to the right and press X to select an item.
- Move it up or down depending on which position you want it in.
- Press X to set its location.
- If at any point you want to revert all changes you may, select Reset to Default.
The quick menu allows you to access your friends list, sound/devices, power options, online status, notifications, music, accessibility settings, your communities, broadcast and party options, and Share Play.
Browse the store until something catches your attention
Whether you want one for yourself or as a gift for someone else, a PlayStation Store Gift Card is always a good option to pick up. You can buy anything from games, add-ons, themes, and more. The best part is that gift cards are good for any game on the digital store, no matter if it's a PS2 Classic or for PS4.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the Android Central team.
Jennifer Locke has been playing video games nearly her entire life. You can find her posting pictures of her dog and obsessing over PlayStation and Xbox, Star Wars, and other geeky things.