Finally, things are about to slow down a tad. That's not to say there's not work to do — there's a ton — but I'm finally shifting out of travel mode and back to editing mode. (Not that there's a switch or something, but it's definitely hard to do the latter when you're also doing the former.) Moreover, it means more time with friends and family before it all starts again in January with CES.
So I'll keep things short this week.
- We swung by the Google campus on Thursday before heading back to the airport. The Android statues still aren't back at Building 44, which was a bit of a shame. But I had to update the Donut picture. Because beard.
- And it was still fun to see Andrew and Mark and our Uber driver marvel at the silly statues. If you ever get a chance to see them, I do recommend it.
- Speaking of Uber, apparently the free $30 ride credit thing ends in a week before dropping to $20. If you've yet to take advantage, here's a link: Click here for Phil's shameless affiliate plug.
- The TWiT house — and of course the people in it — is as cool as you think. So glad I went up there, and I'll have to get back at some point.
- Funny how quickly just about anything on Google+ can quickly digress to the usual political or religious nonsense. But share a link about porn, and everybody clams up.
- And the polarization of the Nexus 6 has been fun to watch, too. I was pretty happy with how our (OK, my) review turned out, I think. Not everyone gets it. A lot of folks did. And that's probably as good a sign as any that we did OK.
- That certainly doesn't mean you have to agree with me, though. I think the Nexus 6 is a really good phone. If you like it, get it! I just don't think the size justifies losing out on features you get with other phones.
- I've never been a huge Dylan fan, but you have to appreciate the work. And this week's new music find is definitely The New Basement Tapes. (Available on Google Play Music, of course.) Read the story behind it while you're listening.
- Sons of Anarchy is almost over. Between it and The Walking Dead, I'm growing a little weary of the TV violence. Good to have The Newsroom back, even if it's the final season.
OK. Back to the family. And back to work on Monday.
Are you impressed with the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom?
There's a lot of talk about the Galaxy S20 Ultra's 100x zoom, but have you really been impressed with its results? Here's what some of our AC forum members think.
Google Nest finally fixes 12 hour camera outage
Google has restored service to Nest camera users after a lengthy period of downtime overnight.
Everything you need to know about the Huawei P40 and P40 Pro
Huawei is getting ready to enter 2020 with a splash thanks to its upcoming P40 and P40 Pro smartphones. Here's everything we know about the phones' specs, design, release, and more.
Find the perfect phone armband to go with your running routine
Looking for a convenient way to bring your phone on a run? These are the best armbands for running.