AT&T posted their second quarter 2012 financial results today. 5.1 million smartphones were sold; subtract the 3.7 million iPhone activated, and you should get a pretty clear idea of how many Android devices were sold. There were 1.3 million net subscribers added. Here are the broad strokes.
- $0.66 diluted EPS compared to $0.60 diluted EPS in the second quarter of 2011, up 10 percent year over year and sequentially
- Consolidated revenues of $31.6 billion, up 0.3 percent versus the year-earlier period; up 2.0 percent when adjusted for Advertising Solutions sale
- Highest-ever wireless margins, operating income margin of 30.3 percent, with EBITDA service margin of 45.0 percent
- $2.5 billion in stock buybacks; 75.8 million shares repurchased
- 18.8 percent growth in wireless data revenues, up $1 billion versus the year-earlier quarter
- Best-ever postpaid, prepaid and total wireless churn; postpaid churn drops to 0.97 percent
- 1.3 million total wireless net adds, with gains in every customer category; 320,000 postpaid net adds
- Strong smartphone sales of 5.1 million with more than one-third of all postpaid smartphone subscribers now on 4G-capable devices
- Branded computing (tablets, tethering plans, etc.) net adds of 496,000 to reach a total of 6.3 million, up more than 50 percent versus a year ago
- Postpaid wireless subscriber ARPU (average monthly revenues per subscriber) up 1.7 percent to $64.93
You can dig in to more of the nitty gritty over at AT&T's investor relations. For some reason there's a video running down the highlights, so here you go.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Samsung One UI 2.0 review: The best (and worst) Android 10 features
Here's everything you need to know about One UI 2.0 for your Samsung phone.
Everything you need to know about the Galaxy Z Fold 2!
The first Galaxy Fold was one of the most impressive smartphones of recent years, and now, Samsung's following up on it with the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Here's everything you need to know about it!
The Pixel 4a is here, and we’ve rounded up everything you need to know
The Pixel 4a is now available, and we've rounded up all the reasons to be excited about this incredible budget handset. Here's everything you need to know about it!
The best replacement bands for your 46mm Galaxy Watch
The strap included with the Galaxy Watch is fine, but these offer much more customization. Not only do these straps offer you the chance to change up the style of your watch, but you also get materials that bring added durability for a strap that can take what you throw at it.