The Waze navigation app has recently been updated with a whole bunch of new social features, ranging from seeing the ETA of your friends, location sharing, pick-up requests, and lots more. Here's the full changelog for Waze 3.5.
- See friends driving to your destination & everyone's ETA
- Send a pick up request to grab anyone's location & navigate to them
- Share your drive by sending a live map of your route & ETA to anyone
- New design and UI throughout
- Sign in with Facebook
- Nearing destination bar
- Toll road usage indication
- Private messages
- Parking location pin
As always, Waze continues to offer croudsourced mapping data, live traffic alerts, points of interest searching, finding the best gas prices, and the usual voice-based turn-by-turn navigation.
The new features are pretty sweet, especially being able to request a pick-up, even if you don't use Waze. Still, it seems like the majority of Waze's new features depend on other friends using the same app, which can be hard to count on for less regular meet-ups.
Any active Waze users out there? How often do you think you'll use the friends ETA feature? Anything else new that's really leaping out?
- Filed under: