OK, boys and girls. It's here, live, pushing, ready, whatever. The Verizon Galaxy Nexus is in the midst of being upgraded to Android 4.0.4. You can now dive into your settings menu and
pull down check for the update yourself. (Or update manually if you can't wait.) Better than Cornflakes, in our opinion. As a reminder, here's what's new in software version IMM76K:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension
- will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Successfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.
If you're needing a little help or just wanna talk about what you're seeing in the update, be sure to swing by our Verizon Galaxy Nexus forums. They'll help cure what ails ya.