Audio-only stream below
- Download it directly with this link
- Subscribe with your favorite Podcatcher: Audio feed | Video Feed | TuneIn Radio | Stitcher
- Subscribe in iTunes: Audio feed | Video feed
- Listen to it here with the player above
Jerry and Phil catch up on the first day of news from Google I/O 2013 in San Francisco! We've got new Android features. New Google+. New Google Maps. New Chrome. New Google Music. And the one podcast to cover them all.
Android and Google Play
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition is real!
- Google Play Game Services gets officially official at Google I/O and it's going cross-platform
- Google Cloud Messaging now part of Google Play Services, new features added
- Google unveils three new location APIs for developers
- All new Google+ Hangouts app unveiled, cross-platform messaging service
- Google Play Music updated, includes UI overhaul and All Access subscription service
- New Google Now cards and 'hot words' for voice search launching today
- Hangouts app now available in the Play Store, comes as update to Google Talk
- Developers can now manage Beta Testing & Staged Rollouts for their apps
- Google Play Store getting 'designed for tablets' category in top charts
- Android Studio unveiled at Google I/O keynote
- New app translation service announced for Google Play developer console
- Google Play has now passed 48 billion app installs
- Android reaches 900 million activations
- Google+ for the web taking on new look similar to current apps
- Google+ Sign-In API improved with cross platform sign-in
Want to be on the podcast?
Sure, you can just listen to the AndroidCentral Podcast. (And you should.) But it's much more fun to be a part of it. And there are several ways you can do so.
- Live Q&A: Look for the link each week to join the live Q&A.
- E-mail us: Have a question and want us to answer it on-air? E-mail us here.
Join us live
We record live before a studio audience (erm, chat room) Friday afternoons around 4 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Pacific. You can find us then at http://www.androidcentral.com/live. Or check our Google+ page for the Hangout with Q&A.
Who we are
If you're interested in advertising on the Android Central Podcast, please contact The Midroll.
The AndroidCentral Podcast is sponsored by ShopAndroid.com. And thanks to these great artists for providing their music under the Creative Commons license: