AT&T and Pantech this morning announced the Crossover, a horizontal slider with a 3.1-inch display, four-row keyboard, 3MP camera and Android 2.2. It's Pantech's first Android device in the United States. Under the hood, it's got a 600MHz processor powered by a 1500mAh battery.
It'll be available June 5 for $69 on contract.
New Android 2.2 Smartphone Available to AT&T Customers June 5
DALLAS, May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Perfect for first-time smartphone users, the Pantech Crossover™ is the first Android™ smartphone from Pantech in the U.S.
- Crossover boasts a slide out full keyboard, a 3.1-inch touchscreen display, 600 MHz processor, 3-megapixel digital camera with camcorder, the popular AllSport GPS™ app and Mobile Hotspot support.
- Pantech Crossover will be available from AT&T* at company-owned stores and online at www.att.com on June 5 for $69.99 with a two-year contract and minimum monthly data plan.
- Pantech Crossover will be one of the premier phones promoted this summer on the Dew Tour, a major coast to coast action sports tour, of which Pantech is the official handset sponsor.
The Pantech Crossover™ makes it seamless for active people to stay connected through messaging and social media. Ideal for customers looking for additional features, personalization and convenience in their next phone, Crossover runs the Android 2.2 platform, has a side-sliding, full QWERTY keyboard, a five screen customizable interface, and an easy-to-use 3.1" touch screen to access apps, widgets and more. For users ready to make the switch from a messaging phone to smartphone, Crossover is a simple take on the popular Android operating system.
Crossover's durable design means it can go wherever you go. With a textured back cover and rubberized corners, it's not afraid of a little action and is packed with features customers use most. The full QWERTY keyboard makes it a breeze to text, email and surf the web, and from the touchscreen, AT&T customers can use Android Market™ to grab the latest apps for social networking, games and more. Crossover is preloaded with AllSport GPS™, an application that offers workout tracking, maps, a calorie counter and more features for your active lifestyle. Sporty good looks and durable design come together to make Crossover a perfect fit for any active lifestyle.
In addition, Crossover also offers AT&T Mobile Hotspot to connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices for customers who choose a tethering plan. Customers can also enjoy unlimited Wi-Fi usage on the entire national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot network with qualifying data plans.
- Android™ 2.2 (Froyo)
- 3.1" Full Touchscreen Display with Full Keyboard Slider
- HSPA Tri-Band 850/1900/2100 MHz; Quad-Band GSM850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- 2GB card preinstalled
- microSD™ Memory Card Supports up to 32GB
- 4.45" (L) x 2.28" (W) x 0.56" (D), Weight: 5.15 oz
- 3-megapixel camera with camcorder, fixed focus, 4x zoom
- 600 MHz processor
- Micro USB and 3.5mm headset jack
- 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery; Up to 5 Hours, Standby Time: Up to 360 Hours
- Voice Recognition
To learn more about the Pantech Crossover, visit www.att.com/mobilephones-news.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: