LG this evening announced the Optimus Sol (aka the LG -E730). And this things packed with a number of standout features. First off, it's running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, as well it should. It's boasting a 3.8-inch "Ultra AMOLED" display at 480x800 resolution, which LG says "has a two-fold advanced reflection rate compared to standard AMOLED displays," leading to better clarity outdoors, and a reduction in image quality degradation.
It's also got a new power-management system, which LG says will boost battery life by 20 percent to 30 percent.
Other specs of note:
- Qualcomm MSM8255 processor at 1GHz
- Network: Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900), dual-band UMTS (900/2100)
- RAM: 512MB
- ROM: 2GB
- Program memory: 150MB internal
- External memory: 2GB microSD card included
- Rear camera: 5MP with autofocus
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
- Dimensions: 122.5 x 62.5 x 9.8 mm
- Battery: 1,500 mAh
The Optimus Sol will be available in Europe in mid-September, followed by Central and South America. It'll be available in black, titan and white, subject to regional release.
- Related devices:
- Filed under: