Samsung is now starting to roll out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat software update to Galaxy S3 owners on AT&T's network. The update will be pushed out via an over the air (OTA) software update and users are advised that WiFi is required to download. Hit the break to see the full change log.
- Android OS Version upgraded to 4.4.2
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to DriveMode
- "Beat Music" Pre-loaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Unified Location Menu: Settings > More > Location Location Settings is same as Location service in JBP. User can set the Locating method and check the recent location requests
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > - Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Copy & paste improvements
- Email allows inline editing
- Phone/Dialer user interface enhancements
- Settings changes
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode addition
- Keyboard enhancements
- HCE (Host card emulation) Enabled
- UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card ) is set as default
- GMS apps update (GMS 4.4.2_r2).
For more details, click on the source link at the bottom.
Thanks, David, for the tip!