OK, folks. Let's try this again. Registration for — or, more accurately, registration for the chance to attend — this year's Google I/O developer conference begins this afternoon at 4 p.m. PDT. That's 7 p.m. on the East Coast, and midnight in London. And it continues until 2 p.m. PDT Friday, April 18. After that, Google will select applicants at random to attend this year's conference, June 25-26 in San Francisco.
Before you register, there are a few bullet points you should be aware of:
- Tickets are $900 per person, or $300 per student.
- You'll need a Google+ account to register, if you don't already have one.
- You'll also need a Google Wallet account to complete registration and pay for a ticket, which will just be a pre-authorization until you are actually accepted for the event.
- If you're approved for a ticket, the tickets cannot be resold or issued to someone other than yourself.
- If for some reason you choose not to go, you'll have until June 1 to request a refund.
- Photo ID will be mandatory for receiving your badge when you check in at Google I/O.
And that's that, folks. We'll see you there this summer!
More: Google IO help page