Earlier we all got a preview of CyanogenMod 9 running on the HP TouchPad and now, if you're a TouchPad owner looking to get in on the action -- you can do so. CyanogenMod 9 for the HP TouchPad has been released in alpha form. To break things down for you all:
Things that DO NOT WORK:
- Hardware Video (OMX). As a result, Netflix does not work, YouTube works only only in non-HD videos.
- Audio is a mess. The microphone does not work. Work on the current libaudio solution has halted because we will eventually switch to a CAF libaudio.
- Camera does not work. The only libcamera.so that we have is from froyo and its closed source. There is a wrapper for QCOM gingerbread libcamera libraries that could likely be used as a basis to get our camera working.
- Market filters prevent some apps from being installed (this can partly solved by switching back to standard DPI settings(120, 160, 240). The current build is using 160 which fixes the market but makes everything look ugly and low resolution.
- Titanium Backup crashes the kernel. There’s an investigation in progress...There are reports that older versions do work.
- Most of the hardware problems from CM7 still exist in this CM9 alpha build.
Like we said, very Alpha. Don't venture into this if you're easily annoyed by bugs because you're going to have to deal with quite a few of them here. That said, hit the source link below -- read the disclaimers and get some Ice Cream Sandwich love on your HP TouchPad.
- Filed under: