What you need to know
- Sony has confirmed that the PS5 will release with Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, Sackboy, and more.
- It was also revealed in a blog post that first-party PS5 games will cost $70.
- The PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition will release on November 12 for $499 and $499.
Sony has confirmed several of its first-party titles that will be coming to PS5 including Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, and more. While we already expected Spider-Man to be a launch title, it's good to hear confirmation that the Demon's Souls remake would be as well.
PS5 Launch games
- Astro's Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon's Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Hidden in PlayStation blog post regarding this announcement is the fact that Sony is raising the prices of its first-party games. It looks like going forward on the PS5, Sony titles will cost $70, a $10 increase from the previous generation.
The PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition will release for $499 and $399, respectively, in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea. Everywhere else in the world the consoles will release on November 19.
Get your hands on it before it sells out
The PS5 will go up for preorder tomorrow starting at select retailers. With two versions to choose from, you'll be able to pick which best suits your budget. PS5 is the place to be for next-gen exclusives like Spider-Man and Horizon Forbidden West.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best wireless earbuds you can buy at every price!
The best wireless earbuds are comfortable, sound great, don’t cost too much, and easily fit in a pocket.
Everything you need to know about the PS5: Release date, price, and more
Sony has officially confirmed that it is working on the PlayStation 5. Here's everything we know about it so far.
Nokia launches two new budget Android One phones under $200
Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4 are the latest additions to HMD Global's budget smartphone lineup. Since they are both Android One devices, they are guaranteed to receive two major OS updates and regular security updates for up to three years.
Games we want to see enhanced for PlayStation 5
With the expectation of backward compatibility on PlayStation 5, our libraries of games are already looking good for the new console, but how will those games look next to new releases? Here is a list of games we are hoping to see enhanced for PS5.